As so many of you know, the vast bulk of professional scientific literature isn't available to amateur and citizen scientists for the simple reason that it sits behind hugely expensive pay walls most of us can't afford.
The Citizen Scientists League wants to do something about that.
We are working on an arrangement with EBSCO, a major database dealer that would let us give access to a huge array of scientific journals and other resources for an absurdly low price. But we need to know if there is enough interest to pursue it.
Here is a link to a free trial of this service. The trial runs through the end of December.
Some of the features of this database include:
- Nearly 13,000 abstracted and indexed journals
- More than 8,750 full-text journals
- Full text for nearly 7,800 peer-reviewed journals
- PDF content dating back as far as 1887
- Searchable cited references provided for more than 1,400 journals
- Daily updates
Interested? Â Please let us know in the comments!
We'd love to offer this marvelous resource, BUT WE NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU!